Mega Agent Rental Management LLC has established application policies that all applicants must meet. Mega Agent Rental Management LLC is committed to complying with all applicable fair housing laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, familial status handicap, military status, sexual orientation, source of income or order of protection status.
Please return a completed application for each adult (over 18) who will be living at the property along with:
- a processing fee of $50.00, in CASH or CERTIFIED FUNDS, per applicant.
- a CHECK for the security deposit (equal to one month’s rent).
Pet fees may be paid with your first month’s rent.
Homes are rented in “AS IS” condition, except as noted in the Rental Agreement. Please be sure to let us know at the time of application of any condition which would keep you from taking the house “AS IS.”
A valid email address is REQUIRED to complete the background check. You may be sent an email requesting authorization to release your background information to Mega Agent Rental Management LLC. If you receive this request, you must respond to this request for the application process to continue.
Please read the following rental policies. If you feel that you meet the guidelines as outlined, we encourage you to submit your rental application. Applications will be processed in the order received. An incomplete application will not be processed.
- Valid government issued photo identification is required.
- A complete and accurate application with phone numbers. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually.
- Applicant must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting a conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance will be denied.
- Any individual who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex, neighborhood or to the property of others will be denied.
- The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
- In order to qualify as a co-signer, they must fully meet all areas of the criteria and must have a minimum monthly income of five times the stated rent.
- Gross monthly household income must equal two and one-half times the stated monthly rent. If monthly income does not equal two and one-half times the stated monthly rent, a qualified co-signer will be required.
- A current paycheck stub from your employer will be required. Verifiable income or liquid assets equal to three times the total annual rent will be required for unemployed applicants. (Verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to: bank accounts, spousal support/child support, trust accounts, social security, unemployment, welfare, grants/loans.) Your most recent employment and current employment should be of reasonable length of time and you should be able to demonstrate stability in your employment history. Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of their previous years tax return. Self-employed applicants will be verified through the state. A recorded business name or corporate filing will be sufficient to meet verification of employment for the self employed.
- A Guarantor may be requested, at our discretion, if the applicant is a full-time student, recently independent individual, or has non-garnishable wages. The Guarantor must be in good standing with his or her credit, must demonstrate stable current employment with verifiable income and must have available assets in the State of Alabama. Identity must be verifiable by a state or federally issued form of identification which must include a photograph.
- Application will be denied if the legal source of income cannot be verified.
- One year of verifiable rental or mortgage history from a current third party is required. Home ownership is verified through the county tax assessor. Home ownership negotiated through a sales contract is verified through the contract holder.
- Verification of current and past residences include: length of residency, rental amount, payment history, the absence or presence of complaints, the condition of the property upon vacating, the cost of damages incurred, and history of proper notice given regarding intent to move. A stable rental history is expected of all applicants.
- Eviction-free rental history is required.
- Rental history reflecting past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- If a landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to give a reference, the application will be denied.
- Three (3) or more NSF checks within a period of one year will result in a denial.
- Rental history demonstrating noise or other documented complaints will result in a denial when the landlord would not re-rent.
A credit history showing no negative reports is required. A negative report is considered any non-medical item 60 days past due or greater, collections, repossessions, liens, judgments or garnishments. A full credit history is prepared on each applicant and Guarantor(s). All applicants and/or guarantor(s) are required to have a minimum credit score of 600. Additionally, the application may not be accepted if the applicant has filed for bankruptcy or with debtor’s court within the last two (2) years. ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR CREDIT HISTORY OR CREDIT REPORT SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE CREDIT BUREAU.
Upon receipt of the rental applications and screening fee, Mega Agent Rental Management will conduct a search of public records through Transunion to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no-contest to, any crime.
a) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, ever for: any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession) class A/Felony burglary or class A/Felony robbery; or
b) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any other felony charges; or
c) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex related, drug related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession) property damage or weapons charges; or
d) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last three years for: any class B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or any misdemeanors in the above categories or any misdemeanors involving criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty, prostitution shall be grounds for denial of the rental application. Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the application process will be completed. Homes will not be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.
Once the application process has begun, the application fee becomes non-refundable. Any potential problems or issues should be discussed with office personnel when you submit your application. Complete and accurate information will facilitate rapid processing of your application. Any false or omitted information on the application will be considered immediate grounds for denial of the application. We reserve the right to deny an application for any reason other than race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, religion or national origin.