Standard Pet Policy
Mega Agent Rental Management LLC (MARM) is a pet-friendly Birmingham property management company. Our properties are owned by individual owners so certain properties may restrict type and/or size of allowable animals, so some owners have a stricter pet policy than our standard pet policy. If you have more than two pets or a special situation, please let us know and we can provide additional guidance.
Tenant(s) may keep up to two (2) pets in the home. The pets must not be on the “restricted breeds list” (see below). The Tenants and Landlord must execute a “Pet Addendum” to the Residential Rental Agreement in order to keep pet(s). This “Pet Addendum” details the terms and conditions for which a Tenant must abide by in order to keep pets in the Landlord’s home.
Puppies and Kittens (under age of 12 months) will be considered on a case by case basis.
All approved pets / animals are subject to a required 25.00 Pet Administrative Fee, per pet, upon move-in, plus a $350, per pet, non-refundable Pet Fee. The $350 non-refundable Pet Fee is in lieu of monthly pet rent and is not a damage deposit of any kind. (i.e. if you have 2 dogs, you will pay $700 at move-in for the 2 dogs).
MEGA AGENT RENTAL MANAGEMENT LLC has partnered with PetScreening.com, an independent 3rd party company. It provides a simple and secure tool allowing tenants who are pet owners to store all the important information about pets in one place. Tenants / Applicants are required to complete a pet screening for each of their pets or companion animals prior to move-in. Pet screenings are $20 per first pet and $15 per pet for any after the initial animal (these fees are non-refundable).
As part of the screening process, the prospective Tenant shall submit to the website Mega.PetScreening.com a current photo of each pet along with information on your pet along with current veterinarian records. Mega Agent Rental Management LLC may also request current veterinarian records at any time, including to verify current pet weights.
At the time of each lease renewal, each pet needs to be re-screened at PetScreening.com at the tenant’s expense.
PetScreening.com is an independent 3rd party database and changes can only be made by the tenant through the PetScreening.com website. Mega Agent Rental Management LLC cannot change any pet information.
Mega Agent Rental Management LLC has engaged PetScreening.com to review and verify all tenant requests for accommodations for assistance animals. There is no charge to submit an accommodation request through PetScreening.com. When PetScreening.com approves an accommodation request, there will be no pet charges from Mega Agent Rental Management LLC. If PetScreening.com denies an accommodation request, the tenant will be responsible for pet fees outlined in the pet policy, Pet Addendum and the Residential Rental Agreement (Lease).
In order to keep pet(s) in a property the Tenant(s) must abide by the following requirements:
- Tenant(s) shall abide all of the terms and conditions of the “Pet Addendum” that will be signed with the Residential Rental Agreement.
- Tenant(s) shall not allow pet(s) to wander outside of Tenants’ exclusive portion of the property without supervision and the use of a leash.
- Tenant(s) shall keep the pet restrained (but not tethered) when outside the home.
- Shall dispose of the pet(s) waste properly and quickly.
- Shall not leave the pet(s) unattended for any unreasonable periods of time.
- Shall keep the pet(s) from causing any annoyance or discomfort to others.
- Shall immediately remedy any complaints concerning the pet(s).
- Shall keep the pet(s) from damaging any property belonging to the Landlord or others.
- Shall ensure that pet(s) have been properly vaccinated for the duration of the Rental Agreement.
We do not accept the following dog breeds:
- American Bulldog
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Chow Chow
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Shepherd
- Pit Bull
- Presa Canario
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Any dog with a history of biting
- Any dog with a vicious temperament
- Puppies & Kittens are accepted on case by case basis.